Rich County Recorder & Surveyor
P.O. Box 322
Randolph, UT 84064
Ph. (435) 793-2005
Fax (435) 793-2410
General office hours are:
Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Recorders office will be closed as follows:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Jr Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Pioneer Day
- Rich County Fair Friday (August)
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- If a holiday falls on a Saturday, it will be observed on the Friday before. If a holiday falls on a Sunday, it will be observed on the following Monday.
Maintains records of property ownership, liens, filings, etc. as well as legal descriptions and related plats of all property in the county.
Recorder Fee Schedule
• Instrument - $40.00
• each additional description, or unit over ten - $2.00
Uniform Commercial Code
• Same as above
Mining Location Notice or Proof of Labor
• Same as above
• each mining claim over ten - $2.00
Subdivision, any other Plat or Map
• each Mylar - $50.00
• each lot or unit designation - $2.00
License Issued by Division of Occupation & Professional Licensing - $40.00
Federal Tax Lien or Discharge of Lien - $40.00
Certified Copy - $5.00
• Per page charge - $1.00
• Records (per page, printed or emailed) - $1.00
• Plat Maps (per page, .tif) - $1.00
Survey Depository Fee (per Mylar) - $10.00
Corner Recordation - No Charge
All services not enumerated shall be compensated at a reasonable fee determined and set by the Board of County Commissioners.
The Utah State Legislature passed House Bill 247 on March 14, 2019, which increases the recording fees to be charged in all Utah county recorders’ offices. The new fee schedule will take effect at 12:01 A.M. on May 14, 2019
The Rich County Recorder’s office has been appointed to act as the depository for survey plats which are required to be filed with the county surveyor as per section 17-23-17 UCA.
Survey plats are available for public inspection during office hours.